Do you miss parts of conversations? Do you constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Unfortunately, many people suffering from hearing loss don’t realize that hearing loss can also lead to physical and emotional losses, especially if it is allowed to progress.
Hearing Difficulties Can Lead to Injuries and Illness
An inability to hear isn’t just an inconvenience: it is a loss of one of your body’s senses. Speech and sounds are necessary for the brain to make connections with others, recognize dangers, and interact with the environment. If a hearing problem goes untreated, you could suffer a number of serious complications at home or when you leave the house, including:
- Car accidents due to inability to hear police sirens or car horns
- Social withdrawal due to frustration that you cannot hear conversations
- Fires caused by failure to hear a fireplace spark or boiling tea kettle
- Loss of control over finances because you cannot use the phone
- Exposure due to inability to recognize when the furnace is kicking on
- Tripping and falling because you cannot hear warning noises
- Dementia, depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses
Our Hearing Specialists Can Help You Get Your Life Back
Living with hearing loss can be embarrassing, alienating, and dangerous. At dB Hearing Solutions, we know that restoring your lost sense of hearing is the first step toward full-body health. Our caring and competent staff sets us apart from other hearing aid providers in Marion County because we believe in educating you, listening to your concerns and helping you to avoid potential problems in the future.
Here are just a few of the hearing solutions we provide:
- Hearing Testing and Screening. Hearing loss usually develops gradually, so your ability to hear will degenerate little by little over time. Our hearing specialists perform diagnostic tests to discover the extent of your hearing loss in order to choose the best device for your condition. We also schedule follow-up testing with you at least once a year to monitor the changes in your hearing and make necessary adjustments to your device.
- Hearing Aid Devices. We offer a wide range of hearing aid devices in a variety of styles. No matter whether you choose a behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, or in-the-canal model, our best-selling hearing aids can amplify and clarify any environment.
- Hearing Air Repair and Maintenance. Maintenance is key to keeping your hearing device working properly. We schedule regular check-ups every three to four months to ensure that your hearing aid is delivering the best possible sound. If cleaning and testing are not enough to improve sound, we can perform the necessary repairs to get your device working again.
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Relief. About one in five people who suffer from hearing loss experience tinnitus, a persistent noise or ringing in the ears. At best, the constant hissing, whistling, or humming sounds can be annoying to endure, but they may eventually block out all sounds and speech around you. We can help determine what is causing your tinnitus (such as ear injury) and find an effective treatment to lessen the intrusion of the condition.
Call or Visit Our Hearing Care Specialists Today!
At DB Hearing Solutions, we know you are eager to get your hearing problems resolved. In addition to a full-service testing lab and hearing aid store, our patient care coordinators can help you find your personalized hearing solution and work with your budget to find a financing solution that works for you.
Walk-ins are always welcome at one of our three convenient locations across Ocala and Lakeland, making it easy for you to get the care you need as quickly as possible. Click the contact link on this page or use our live chat feature to set up an appointment today.